Sophie has written a fantastic article about the benefits of walking and how you can introduce it into your day to day life easily. I have to share this – to promote Sophie’s amazing blog and also to share the positive benefits of walking. Enjoy 🙂
All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.
I think walking can cure all.
When I write that I realise it’s quite a sweeping statement but of all the exercise I ever get, it’s walking that I enjoy the most.
There are so many benefits to walking:
- Gives me time to think
- Gets me outdoors into some fresh air and gives me much needed vitamin D
- Gives me exercise
- I get time to see things that I wouldn’t see if I was jogging or in a car
- Helps me to stay fit and healthy
- Makes me feel good
- I get to spend quality time with my doggie
- It’s low impact exercise which doesn’t put any joints under stress
- Doesn’t require any specialist gear
- Can be done in any weather
- Walking for just 20 minutes makes me feel great
- It can be a very sociable or solitary endeavour
View original post 643 more words