If you are looking at the hunter-gatherer diet but are put off because you would miss certain foods…. such as pizza then check out this great recipe which was shared by Dave from Paleohacks online:
Paleo Cauliflower-Crust Pizza Recipe
1 head cauliflower
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
Coconut oil or lard to grease the baking sheet (we save our bacon fat and used that)
Organic chicken sausage
Various veggies (we did basil, tomatoes, and onions)
Homemade or store bought organic tomato sauce
Raw / grass-fed cheese (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large cookie sheet with your coconut oil, lard, or bacon fat.
2. Cut up your cauliflower into pieces so that you can steam it.
3. Steam the cauliflower (or boil it) for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Strain out the water, let the cauliflower cool, and strain out any additional water. Mix the cauliflower, egg, spices, parm cheese, olive oil, and salt in a big bowl.
4. Press the cauliflower mash out to 1/4th inch thick crust then bake for 20 minutes. I’d recommend making 2-3 smaller crusts instead of 1 large crust as its easier to handle.
5. Flip the crusts over and put back in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, add your sauce and toppings. Place back in the oven for 5-6 minutes to heat and melt the toppings.
7. Remove from the oven and enjoy your tasty low-carb gluten-free Paleo pizza!